Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6/9/10

Wow.. Drama Drama Drama.
Am I still in Michigan??? haha. Needless to say, there seemed to be a lot of drama today.
The day started out pretty good though. Because it was raining all day today, we started in the basement of the pool house, in which we will call "the dungeon". If you ever see it---you will know why.
After planting, potting and transferring, we had a wonderful lunch and then.....the daily "Community Life Meeting" in the Sanctuary. After some other stuff happened, I went in and we were having a panel discussion on Pittsburgh and the needs of this community. The discussion quickly got heated when an individual stood up and started commenting about how the heart of this Pittsburgh Project is in the right place....but it's not doing anything to the people who really need help. He said that we are not doing anything that will effectively help those people out in the community who are not here. He goes on to say that everyone here is not going to carry away with anything from this after the summer and that we are not going to go out in the community and do stuff. I disagree with him. I think that a lot of people here are here because they want to make a difference. Sure, we can't pull everyone in here that needs help, but we are bringing in the children that this institution is built on. There are numerous resources around here that can help them.
After the Community Life Meeting, We started to talk about our Lesson Plans. It seems a little intimidating..... To create 6 different lesson plans for the 6 subjects for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders is hard. I don't really know how to start! This will certainly be interesting.
Tonight me and Amanda (and some others) attended a public viewing of "Food, Inc." and then there was a panel discussion afterwards. And yet again....there was an individual who had to make it a bit more entertaining. Not exactly sure what he was talking about, but something about how the city said he couldnt do something with his backyard garden but yet these organizations can destroy a field and build some gardens. I don't know...he got really flustered and the panel had to cut him off....as he was still arguing.

Tomorrow is our first Farmer's Market day. There is set up and training from 10-2 and then the actual market is open 2-6, and an hour of clean up 6-7.

For Tonight, I'd like to leave you all with some wise words from Lady GaGa.
"Boy, we've had a real good time
And I wish you the best on your way, eh, eh
I didn't mean to hurt you
I never thought we'd fall out of place, eh, eh

I have something that I love long, long
But my friends keepa' tellin' me that something's wrong
Then I met someone
And eh, there's nothing else I can say

Eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say
Eh, eh, I wish he never looked at me that way
Eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say
Eh, eh

Not that I don't care about you
Just that things got so compliqué, eh, eh
I met somebody cute and funny
Got each other and that's funny, eh, eh, eh

I have something that I love long, long
But my friends keepa' tellin' me that something's wrong
Then I met someone
And eh, there's nothing else I can say

Eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say
Eh, eh, I wish he never looked at me that way
Eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say
Eh, eh

I have something that I love long, long
But my friends keepa' tellin' me that something's wrong
Then I met someone
And eh, there's nothing else I can say

Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say
Eh, eh, wish he never looked at me that way
Eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say

Eh, eh, wish he never looked at me that way
Eh, eh, there's nothing else I can say
Eh, eh, cherry, cherry, boom, boom

Eh, eh
Oh, yeah
All I can say is, eh"


No comments:

Post a Comment