Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/2/10

Today started out very interesting.
As I was getting off the bus in downtown, I hear the bus driver quietly say "smile..........have a good day, smile.....smile....bye, smile.." As I get to the door of the bus he says "Come on everybody!!!! GET THOSE SMILES ON YOUR FACE!!!" Thinking that was the best start to my morning, no more than a few steps to the curb, I look adjacently across the street to see a guy holding a huge 4 foot diameter donut (white frosting with sprinkles, to be specific).

I haven't drank coffee in......a very very long time. I hate coffee. I refuse to drink it. Today....was an exception. I can't seem to think anyone really mentally made it through the 3-hour "presentation" on Suicide and (oddly enough,) Active Listening. Not to be super critical, but it was just a dry presentation. When he announced the 10 minute break, it resembled 1st graders dismissal for recess. 3 cups of coffee with 5 packs of sugar and 5 packs of cream in each did the trick ...temporarily.

After getting home from a very long day at training, I started to pack my belongings to get ready for the move to the North Side. When I called Ginny, she said that she has been there since 6am and by the time I get there, it would be cutting it late. Therefore, she wants me to move in tomorrow. This could be a good thing--I guess I don't feel as "rushed" as I thought I felt yesterday. I keep telling myself, everything will be ok, everything will work out. Whether or not this will be evident to be true or not....well, that we will just have to wait and see. Like I said before, I do feel a little better now that I know the other AmeriCorps member that will be at my site feels kind of the same way as me. Also, from what I understand she is going to move onto the site as well. It will be really nice to know there is someone I know that feels the same as me and that I can go to talk to in person, a couple halls down, if I need to.

Tomorrow is the Ropes Course. I hope the weather holds out. At this rate, we might just be kayaking through the town, if this rain keeps up. haha. Wish me well for the actual move in tomorrow... Good night

1 comment: