Saturday, June 19, 2010

6/18/10

Yesterday was great. I am so glad I decided to come home for the weekend!!!
I went down to Kalamazoo to see the ol' crew at work. It was so nice to see everyone! I'm excited to come back after the summer (as much as I am deeply in love with pittsburgh). Me and my friend Paula went to dinner at the Olive Garden. Who knew the olive garden was is the best place to stuff your face and catch up with old friends. Hmm. Nevertheless, we went to the mall where I discovered some stellar sunglasses, and with the impel of a great salesman, I got two.
Catching up with some good friends just chilling out and talking was a great night for me. It was even better to catch up with a friend I haven't talked to in a ....long time. It was a good time. I'm not sure why we didn't talk more often earlier on!
Today is going to be a nice relaxing day. I should work on the lesson plans I was supposed to have done thursday. Hoping tonight follows through, and if it does...I'm going to be very happy I came here this weekend (even more happy).
:)

Now...despite all this happiness I have the joy of experiencing, there is always something that tries to bring me down. And the fact is....at this point I am done dealing with it. In the past, I would try to reconcile and hide our shadows from the past. Not anymore. I can't keep dragging me feet in order to mend some things that will just go downhill in a few days. I really hate to say it, but I just really do not care for this type of behavior anymore. I have no sympathy. If things change (which would me miraculous) down the road, we can talk. But I need to have people in my life who are mature and who can work things out without freaking out. That said, I'm going to have an amazing day today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment