Sunday, May 30, 2010

5/29 - 5/30/10

Sorry I forgot to write yesterday.
Yesterday was fun though. We started out at 9am in wilkinsburg. I was assigned to a site where this guy had 3 or 4 car attached garage. He basically had a ton of stuff in it but wanted to totally clear it out to build a greenhouse to make herbs for local restaurants. No joke--the complete garage was probably half way up full of masonry, wood, nails, shingles, etc. It tooks us all of 10am-3pm to clean it out. But we did it...and i was soooo incredibly surprised that we cleared it all out. I mean...there was NOTHING left...we were literally sweeping the dust/dirty on the floor when we were done. It was such a nice feeling of giving back. We filled up 4 or 5 dumpers!!!!!!

Today was nice. Me and some other out of staters went to Primanti Brothers. I've talked about them before...they are these HUGE sandwiches that all come with cole slaw and fries. It was so delicious!!!!! Then we went to the Cathedral of Learning building to take a tour. They have dozens of these "nationality rooms" where they are actual classrooms U of Pitt uses but everything from the floor, the doorway, the chairs, the ceiling, and walls are all representations of the nationality. There are Armenians, Chinese, Japanese, Scottish, etc. The only thing is, we got there too late. I might go on monday, but not sure. it would be a really cool thing to do. I highly recommend it! :)
The rest of the night, I just relaxed :) It's nice to have a day off. Tomorrow is also a day off! I'm so excited for the Ropes Course on thursday! I'm also excited for the potluck on friday and Moving into my new site with The Pittsburgh Project!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The more you talk about this, the more I want to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such an amazing program! And I haven't even started working with my kids yet! (and there are good benefits)

    ReplyDelete