Friday, May 28, 2010

5/28/10

Today was so long. 8am-6pm of Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED training.
I swear we were in that room for days... It was not the most exciting training I've gone through..
But, we got certified in...
Adult, Children and Infant CPR,
AED use,
And a plethora of First Aid skills.

Pittsburgh started out as a great beautiful day today, weather wise. Then the minute we are done with training....it rains....then downpours.... then thunderstorms. looking at the sunny skies, I was sure this would move by quick. It just got worse...and worse. So I walked 4 blocks to the bank to find out there is no ATM there, walk 2 blocks back to the main street, another block in the rain to the Port Authority store (to buy bus passes)....and they also are closed. Another 4 more blocks in the pouring rain to my bus stop to find I missed my bus by about 20 seconds. ha. great. It wasn't too bad...the next one came in about 12 minutes.

Tomorrow is our first community project as a whole KEYS AmeriCorps team. It is gardening, planting, artwork, and other activities to improve and clean up a neighborhood pretty close by. I'm pretty excited to work with everyone on this. 9am-3. Should be fun!

Can I get a whoot whoot for sunday and monday off???? (whoot whoot)
:)

As always...I miss my family, friends, and of course, the 'zoo <3

1 comment:

  1. NOOO you can't get a woot woot for those two days off cuz i have to work them!!! lol. glad to see things are going good.. I knew you'd be ok once you got out there!

    ReplyDelete