Saturday, May 22, 2010

5/21/10

So today was definitely hard to say goodbye to my mom and brother :( At the airport my brother gave me such a precious gift. it was a photo album titled "Heres to your new chapter in your life" with current and past photos. thank you so much brother, I love it!!!!

So Airport Drama:
First my plane was delayed 20 minutes...not bad.
then, they rushed us on the plane like crazy because we only have a really really short window of time...I swear we broke a record on that timing.
We get to the runway and they say we missed it....
So 30 minutes goes by and they say we have to head back to the gate.
Right before we get off they say hold on we might be able to go back and take off.
15 minutes later they tell us we all have to get off the plane.
Then they say in 30 minutes we'll have an update
45 minutes later they say it will be delayed another 2 hours.....
An hour goes by and they say hurry we can make it if we go now!
I'm thinking "now.....how well did this go LAST time you said that?"
Regardless, we get on the plane and head toward the runway. We wait....and it starts raining.
Of course, he says in 30 minutes he'll have an update.
40 minutes and he says we are 7th in line and have to be spaced 30 miles apart from other planes bc of weather.
another 40 minutes go by and he says we are 9th in line........how we got cut by 2 other airplanes i don't know.
anyway, we finally get to Atlanta at 8:02.
Now, my connection flight to Pitt leaves at 8:11 and so i go to the gate it says on my boarding pass and of course.....its not the right one bc of the delays. so I had 7 minutes to get to the right gate with 1 minute to spare...... and this airport is bigger than O'hare!

then we went to dinner (me, the staff member who picked me up, and another Intern) to an amazing restaurant downtown where the dining room continues into the basement. it was so cool!!!!
then we took a quick pittsburgh tour and went to Mount Washington where theres just an UNBELIEVABLE view of pittsburgh....it was just breathtaking. I've never seen anything so picturesque!!!!

On a serious not....I miss everyone terribly. My mom, brother, friends, work people, phill...I miss all you so much. But hopefully i'll see you in a couple months or if you come visit me in this awesome city :)

No comments:

Post a Comment