Thursday, May 27, 2010

5/27/10

GREAT DAY!!!!!
Today I found out what site i'm being placed at!!! The Pittsburgh Project! It was my 4th choice, but I am very happy. I love the supervisor i will be working for, she is the sweetest lady ever AND she was born and raised in Holland....like yours truly :)
The best part?....FREE HOUSING and MEALS!!! Looks like i'm going to be making a little more money than I thought this summer ;)
I will be working with children academically to get them ready for higher education and just to improve their skills right now. I will also be overseeing their garden projects in which they grow, harvest, and then sell the crops themselves...this teaches them responsibility and ownership.
We also have some urban gardens in the elderly homes that we will harvest. It's such a great program. And i can't wait to be a part of it, meet the kids, and be able to live on site! :)
I'm so excited!!!!!!
Tomorrow is a long long day at the Red Cross getting CPR/First Aid certified from 8am-6pm.
Wonderful. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment