Monday, May 24, 2010

5/24/10

What. A. Long. Day.
Ahh, it started with waking up at 7am. Left at 8 am to catch my first bus ride in Pittsburgh. I made a friend on the bus! People are friendly here!
The 1st day of PST (Pre-service Training) was not too much fun. Lot of paperwork and dry stuff like what to expect, what we'll be doing, etc.
I'm interested to see where i will be placed!
After the first day, I walked downtown Pitt to my bus stop and i swear, people are so friendly!!!
There was this lady I asked downtown where the nearest PNC bank was. She said "walk this way with me, im kind of going that direction" and we talked about why I'm here and all, and then told me what street to turn on and that its on the top of the hill.
Then I was trying to find my bus stop to go back home and i asked this lady if this was the right one and she explained that the bus comes pretty frequently and started a nice conversation with me. And all 3 ladies today told me "Welcome to Pittsburgh" and "good luck!" It is just a little surprising to me in a small, big city.
Then of course, I got off on the wrong bus stop......stood there for a bit.....was very confused, and didn't recognize the area....RAN back to the bus and told the driver Its my first time riding the bus and I just got off the wrong stop (because you have to pay when you get off). He was nice and let me back on...to get off on the RIGHT stop which was just the very next one. haha
i'll get the hang of it sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment