Monday, May 24, 2010

5/23/10

Well today wasn't too much. Ended up looking at this place I've been emailing about for quite some time but I just didn't really like it. I guess everything always looks better in pictures. The place was decent for the price in the neighborhood but....just didn't feel comfortable living there. I have yet some other places in line. One is trying to get the landlord to lower the price, and i think they may budge because they seem desperate to get the place rented.
After that I checked out the rest of the neighborhood because its such a nice looking area. Went down to the town center and got some Italian Ice/Gelato with frozen custard on top. It was so good. Then I went to this place called the Waterfront. Basically this huge shopping center/outlet right on the river. It was a pretty cool place. I've been learning quite a bit about this city. Then I checked out the Shadyside Arts & Crafts Festival. Such a cool event. So many amazing/original pieces. Shadyside is FILLED with amazingly ENORMOUS mansions. Those of you from holland---the whole neighborhood is filled with houses like on South Shore Drive.
Anyway, after checking that out, i basically just came home and chilled out.

tomorrow is my big day :) My first day of Training. I won't meet my kids just yet--its after all the training, of course. Though tomorrow is just paperwork stuff, I'm still a little excited. The building is in a pretty neat spot, its right on the River, so eating outside for lunch should be splendid :)
Well, i have to get up at 7:15 to catch the bus and all, so thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment