Tuesday, August 31, 2010

08/31/10

"He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am the tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his weight and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory.
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
and how great Your affections are for me."
Isn't this true. Out of our blindness, we are truly eclipsed by His glory. When we least expect it, often. To me, its a mystery how He sometimes loves, and shows his affection. By the previous blogs, it's obvious to note the past couple days have been rough. Rough in thought. These thoughts were converted into prayers to Him. "My heart turns violently inside of my chest. And I don't have time to maintain these regrets....when I think about, the way." It's a great phenomenon of really how He loves us.
Today was great. His glory truly showed in today's work. Training today for KEYS was an open playground. Rather...it was more accurately a ropes course camp. Nevertheless, there was some "intense" team-building exercises. After airborne by the zip line, me and some pretty awesome people enjoyed dinner. Dinner was a success and following that was an entertaining game of Life. Oh if life was really that easy to play. Throw some pegs in your free car, pay off $40,000 in student loans like its nothing, get paid $90,000/year by luck, and happen to get thousands of dollars for going to a museum. Let alone...the whole retiring part of the game, a half hour after you get out of college. Wait....retirement? Will that even exist in 40 years?
I'm thankful. Thankful for changes, for new friends, new opportunities, laughs, prayers, and the works of God. I am going to continuously work on this journey (long...long... journey) to know God better and re-gain his trust. If I may say so myself...he's on a good track ;) Still, it's a work in progress, and always will be. But for the time being, I give thanks for the things that have happened, and the prayers from yinz. ;) Peace

1 comment:

  1. I'm really inspired by some of your posts here and your desire to strengthen your faith. It will be a long journey, and will be difficult before it gets easier, but it will be worth it in the end. And I really agree with you that when you least expect it, God does something amazing for you--even if you don't understand his ways,it is comforting to know he understands and that is what matters most. :)

    ReplyDelete