Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Think You Should Know...

I hope know you are reading this at some point. And you should know that this is for you. Others will be confused and think I'm writing this for them, or someone else they may know. But this is for you. I don't know what has happened in the past, and I'm well aware of the hopelessness I portray in this blog. I don't really care. I don't care if nothing more develops from us than our current status. But if I don't say this, then how will I ensure that someone else makes sure you know this?

This is for you.

I know you know life is not easy. I know life is not easy. Every day is so unique and unpredictable. You wake up and as much as you plan, you never know exactly how your day will turn out. The day is full of unforeseen challenges. Some days it can be difficult to simply lift your feet and roll out of bed in the morning. I know. To face reality and put on that smile. Some days, it takes a lot. But please know that your smile has kept me going on more days than you know, and more than I care to share. Never forget that, even through the toughest times. Know that your smile brightens someones day. I know, I sound crazy. But it is incredible if we just stop for a couple seconds in our busy busy lives and think about what makes us happy. What makes you smile? Who makes you smile? Just picture that for a couple seconds to get through your day. Screw coffee and energy drinks.

So, smile more often. You have so many reasons to. 

You won't always be perfect. Neither will I. Because nobody is perfect, and nobody deserves to be perfect. Nobody is perfect and nobody has it easy. Everybody has challenges and issues to fight through. It's all relative what we perceive as a challenge. You will never know exactly what I'm going through. And that''s okay, I think. Because I will never know exactly what you're going through. I guess we are all fighting out own unique little wars. I can be your supporter if you let me. But I can't fight your battles with you if you don't trust me enough to be on your side. Otherwise, it's you against me.

But, we are fighting through it simultaneously, together. 


Don't change. You have changed a lot, and so have I. You have an amazing personality. You don't take shit from anybody. And I love that. Even when that shit is from me. You are so responsible and individualistic and my wish is that you will hold onto and embrace those qualities. It is just one trait that makes you so appealing. 


Whenever somebody discredits you, and tells you that you can't do something, you prove them wrong. Keep in mind that they are speaking from within the boundaries of their own limitations. I think you know that, though. When someone says you can't, most likely its because their own limitations  have proven that point to themselves in the past. Ignore their words. Don't give in. In this crazy, busy world, that's trying to make you like everyone else, find the courage to keep being your awesome self. I know you can do it.  Too often, people blend in with their peers and lose their self identity. Don't cave in. Be different. Stay different. And when they laugh at you for being different, laugh back at them for being the same. Then keep laughing....because i like your smile :)


Remember...our courage doesn't always roar aloud. I know you know this. You are humble and don't listen for a roar. But sometimes, we all need some kind of feedback from our biggest aspirations to ensure that we did good and encourage us to keep going. Sometimes, it's the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering, "I will try again tomorrow." Tomorrow is always a 2nd chance to make a better today. So stand strong, friend! Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out. Optimistic people are fun to hang around with. But know your optimism carries with you and resonates with those who need a little boost of optimism. You are good at sharing that. 


And I am committed to making the best of it along with you. Maybe not now. Maybe not in a couple of years. Maybe not ever in the way I plan. But I know this is part of my life mission.


I just thought you should know.